Sunday 11 October 2020

YBW

Finally got my fix!

Ironically through second hand information. Richard has had them in his garden but I've stayed clear for obvious reasons. This morning on returning from our walk a car stopped and a Birder got out of his car to inform me he'd just seen one on the bend of my lane. I dropped Bud off and took a look. After around 15 minutes of searching I obtained a brief but conclusive view of a Yellow-browed Warbler (P.141, H.128).

The Lammergeier is still causing controversy. Tough bird but surely in danger from man on our over populated Isle. It would be tragic if something "unfortunate" happened to it in the lowlands after all the pleasure it's given. Fortunately it seems to be continuing South this afternoon with a sighting over London at 3pm. Safe journey...

No comments: