Wednesday 7 October 2020

All things come...

Well some at least!

I've spent a decent amount of time over the past few weeks scanning from the Sewage. The work has now stopped there and access is easy with a great view over the sea. After yesterday's success with my "flushed" Short-eared Owl I was pushing my luck I thought to connect with anything else of note, so soon. Anyway, after a quick pit stop at Tesco, I parked up by the cliff to enjoy my snack and hope.

4.25pm...from the North...

These were NOT going to be Mutes! I reckon they were about 800yds offshore but seemed to flying towards me. Definitely getting closer in...

Exciting stuff!

They banked slightly to their left and continued South fairly close offshore. A fine sight indeed!!

As they passed me I managed some closer images...

Just great birds...


Only my second record of Whooper Swan (H.127) for the Village after I followed a flock of 15 South from Tesco on 22/10/18! 

A late afternoon flurry of House Martins (10) over the field opposite the Cottage was definitely noteworthy. Richard also had a Swift.

No comments: