Sunday 15 November 2020

Swift sp

Richard wandered past my lounge window mid-afternoon. Something was going on! I didn't know because my phone was on silent (never a good move), so I wasn't aware of his message. Turned out a Swift had been seen in Withernsea. He was heading down to the cliff hoping for a Holmpton tick. I decided to head for With'.

I received a text from Gavin saying he was on his way. When I arrived and parked up, I couldn't see any other Birders. I decided to get as high as I could by the Pier Towers. Then Gavin appeared and we scanned for the bird. Eventually, we picked it up in the distance. The bird was mobile along the seafront but was never close except on one occasion, when it shot past us low at great speed! Some photos were obtained, so maybe a definitive ID can be made. PALLID is always a consideration at this date. Whatever the outcome to see a Swift locally on NOVEMBER FIFTEENTH was...quite unusual!!

The quick peep I got suggested Common...



No comments: