Monday 16 November 2020

The Humber

More Humber walking today. Late start but we arrived at Skeffling around 11 and yet again headed West. It was breezy but clear. We walked all the way to Welwick. Glad we did as I had a "purple patch" after a slow start.

First a distant SEO along the flood bank which soon disappeared into thin air? Then a Male Marsh Harrier drifted West over the saltmarsh. Soon afterwards a ring-tail Hen Harrier appeared out of the set-aside...


It kept its distance but I managed to get something decent...

Owl-like head

...and then...

GWE (P.143)

A nice surprise!

It's going to be a long Winter in many ways but our wonderful Hobby is always a tonic. Hope you can get your "fix"...wherever you are? As already stated, I'm fortunate (although it was planned some years ago) to have some quality Winter birding on my "doorstep". I'll try not to be too repetItive but the Humber Estuary WILL play a significant part in my reports...as well as Holmpton and Duff (post Lockdown) of course.

No comments: