Sunday 22 November 2020

MEGA Irony

News broke his afternoon...

14.17.  MEGA: RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET Barra. One on Island between 12th and 19th of November but no further sign since.

This news was obviously suppressed...rightly so. I won't retrace my tale of woe from earlier in the Autumn (it still rankles), well not too much! However I can't see much/any difference between Barra and Tiree regarding COVID 19...or Yell for that matter? Small vulnerable communities succeptable to contamination. News should NOT have been released. What did they expect would happen? Comments made regarding travel advice were somewhat "mixed"...from initially just "wear a mask" to eventually (dare I suggest when some had connected) "don't travel"? My cynical nature coming to the fore again. Dear me! The chaps on Barra must have deliberated about their decision and I commend them wholeheartedly for making the right one, as I did three times by not travelling. Let's not forget they have to live there.

Regarding comments this afternoon online, many are agreeing it was the right decision. How many of those though would have been straight there if news had been released immediately? I'll leave it there!!

A question of integrity.

Let's just hope this mess can be sorted soon and we can all get back to enjoying our hobby fully and not be restricted in any way...no matter what your preference.

No comments: