Thursday 5 November 2020

Garden Tick - Treecreeper!

Lazy Garden tick (70) first thing (H.129)...

The most remarkable aspect of this photo (obviously not the quality) is the fact that I managed to grab it at all! Not the sharpest (me that is) first thing and the bird was only in view briefly but nice to get a "record shot" through the window.

...appeared in the one decent trunk viewable from my armchair!! Not a bad start to Lockdown 2...not that there's anything good about it! Got to keep the old chin up though...right? You've probably noticed I've not dwelt on COVID...we all know it's there and has to be dealt with, hopefully responsibly BUT this isn't the place for pontification...again hopefully!

An early walk was curtailed by doggy walking circumstances...he's not very friendly to other dogs...I'll leave it there! After a coffee, Louise joined me for a second attempt. The sun had broken through and it was another fine late Autumn day. After yesterday's "air show" I wasn't expecting a repeat... I was wrong. At the risk of "over-egging" this, the next hour consisted of more Pink-footed Geese migration...

144 at 12.35

40 at 12.37

39 at 12.40

124 at 12.53

Four skeins in roughly 20 minutes totalling (give or take one or two) 347 birds. I was being spoilt.

A distant Mediterranean Gull over the sea was noteworthy...


...but I'd gladly have swapped it for the Glaucous Gull seen flying North at Spurn earlier!

No comments: