Wednesday 25 November 2020

Listing Context?

What's the best "category" of tick?

World, British, Patch etc etc. As you're aware I've travelled to all parts of Britain and most of the US and Texas over the years, seeking birds and adventure. This morning I got a surprise addition just after leaving the front door! What could it be I hear you cry?

As I started to walk down the lane, I heard a familiar haunting call over my head. Surely not? Yep...Whooper Swans (G.71). I looked up just in time to see 5 birds powering NW through the mist just above house height. A species that has a special place in my heart...now on my "garden list" Amazing!!!
A great moment and FULLY appreciated.

The weather forecast is promising for tomorrow, so hopefully a nice walk in the sunshine...and a few birds.

No comments: