Monday 30 November 2020

December Targets

Try not to laugh...but I try to pace my sightings when Year Listing. No point gobbling them all up and then having nothing to try for later. Especially when you get two bites at Winter. I've tried to spread the word on that one to the Young Twitchers. However, I feel it's mainly fell on deaf ears...alas! Have to say I was guilty of this trait myself in the past!

So...what's left for me (excluding rarities) on my Holmpton LIFE list?

Barnacle Goose
Taiga Bean Goose
Tundra Bean Goose
White-fronted Goose
Bewick's Swan
Gadwall
Tufted Duck
Pintail
Common Eider
Goldeneye
Red-breasted Merganser
Lapwing
Jack Snipe
Iceland Gull
Black-throated Diver
Little Egret
Grey Wagtail
Waxwing
Brambling
Twite
Lesser Redpoll
Lapland Bunting

Then maybe something new?

Pochard
Velvet Scoter
Green Sandpiper
Glaucous Gull
Mealy Redpoll
...plus something else!?

Plenty of Seawatching required, starting tomorrow with a Northerly forecast...

I saw my 5th Woodcock of the Autumn today flying along Snakey Lane but the Winter Thrush flock appears to have moved on. I've looked for the Little Owl again on a few occasions but no joy. The lack of Lapwings in the area is remarkable; large numbers on the Humber but very scarce around Holmpton.  I've been checking the fields...a lot!

No comments: