Saturday 14 November 2020

LEO

Just before we left for Scilly I was made aware by a local birder of a Long-eared Owl. He kindly agreed to show me the area he'd seen the bird in and I crossed my fingers it was still present. I can safely say I wouldn't have found the area myself. Anyway, we met at his house and made our way to the site. The weather was poor but the bird was still present! However, it was mainly obscured deep in a bush. Still, I had decent views and we left it in peace.

The next morning was brighter, so I decided to have another attempt. This time I was alone. I retraced my steps to the same area but the Owl wasn't there? I checked the next bush...and WOW!!!


P.142


I think I can safely say it was "showing well".

I'm posting the pic now, as the bird is "long gone". Suppresion? Not really. I prefer protection. The site wasn't easily accessed and...as we all know...not everyone behaves in a responsible manner. I'll leave it there!

2 comments:

Tim Dixon said...

Correct decision in my book Alan. I'd have done the same.

Alan Whitehead said...

A ringing endorsement Tim!