Tuesday 28 April 2020

Tough going

Yesterday morning's walk North in yet more Easterlies started quietly but as I reached the farm it became apparent that there had been a fall of Wheatears. I like to think I'm conservative with my counts BUT I was happy that 6 birds were present...



Things got even better when a scan over the road produced a distant ringtail Hen Harrier fast disappearing west. This was almost certainly the lingering bird that had been present in the area for over a week now. The lone (and possibly ill) Golden Plover was still present, although it seemed spritely enough as it fed in the farm garden...


On the return journey something caught my eye on the beach as I approached Seaside road...

Common Sandpiper (P.109, H.89)


This is only my second record...but maybe not my second sighting?!

This Tree Sparrrow lingered long enough at the feeder for a pic mid-afternoon....


No comments: