Thursday 9 April 2020

Shore Lark - Resurrection!

Without harping on...as if I would...my SL success on April Fools Day was a significant record indeed. So after checking the paddock and failing to see the Black Redstart (Richard had seen it again the previous evening) I decided to have my "health walk" south towards Mill Hill. Birds had been reported over the previous weekend but I wasn't optimistic as I approached the area. I should have been more positive as a single bird was feeding on the path...


It then flew a short distance onto a bare piece of land...


...before flying off strongly north west. A nice surprise!

I finally added Linnet to my "lockdown list" (38) although this pic wasn't taken from the garden...


Meanwhile back in the garden things are a little slow on the feeders...


No wonder he's never caught anything!

No comments: