Monday 13 April 2020

You've got to be in the right place...

A cold wind was blowing hard first thing. So, after breakfast I retired for a bedroom watch!

Eventually, it paid off as I added Gannet and Great Black-backed Gull to my "Lockdown List" #43
Both Garden "Lifers". Ironically this was the first Gannet I had seen since lockdown, so in context, it was a miraculous sighting.

A shorter walk today, early afternoon. I tried to find a Black Redstart in the paddock but no sign although 2 were reported? While I was down there a Heron (H.80) flew over the house...


...a Village year tick but it would have been a Garden Lifer...as would the brief flight of a Mistle Thrush. Ah well, two to look for...

I did manage a late addition in the form of a female Sparrowhawk #44

This is the first time since we moved here I've really concentrated on my "Garden" list...as you can tell by some of the embarrassing additions! However, as I've said many times...listing is a Marathon not a sprint and each addition is greeted with much satisfaction. What's next?

No comments: