Wednesday 8 April 2020

Snakey (aka Raptor) Lane

The good lady and I went for a stroll down SL this morning on what was undoubtedly the best day of the year so far. It was glorious!

As always I had a birdy interest at the back of my mind. A ring-tail Hen Harrier has been lingering in the area for a few days now but I hadn't managed to connect. We did our 4 miles but nothing "different" was seen. Yellowhammers are always a joy though...


On return I was doing a bit of this and that in the back garden when I heard Geese.We've had a resident Canada Goose with our Greylags for quite some time? A distinctive call and there it was flying right over the garden with a Greylag. Garden Lifer and Lockdown 37 to boot.

We made the most of the garden today due to the superb weather but late afternoon I had to go to Patrington for a few essentials...bread, milk, dog food etc. I soon picked up a raptor approaching across the arable. Hen Harrier (H.78). I pulled over and managed a few pics...



The bird U-turned over the road and headed back North. Incredibly a male Marsh Harrier jousted with it for a few seconds as it continued on. A fine sight indeed...


I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again. I'm VERY fortunate to be able to experience these birds locally...especially under the current circumstances.


No comments: