Sunday 12 April 2020

The Weekend

Yesterday I mixed things up a little...change is a s good...and all that. We needed bread and milk first thing so I drove Snakey to Patrington. Not before I'd heard a Chiffchaff chipping away as I opened the front door (Garden Lockdown #40). 3 Corn Bunting territories are definitely in operation, which is great to report.

My walk took place after lunch with a stroll North to the Sewage. Nothing of note at the farm BUT beyond that...Wheatears...4 together! As I approached the Sewage it became apparent that one bird was unconcerned by my presence, enabling me to get this image...


I spent a wonderful 20 minutes in close proximity to this individual...VERY unusual in my experience.

On returning home for a brew I joined Louise in the garden. We both heard a distinctive call. After some searching I locked-on to an extremely high Curlew (Garden Lockdown #41).


This morning I went South on a fabulous day...

No Shore Larks at Mill Hill
It was nice to see the Sand Martin  numbers building up nicely (c40) at Old Hive...


I checked out the Copse...


...and the scrape lol!...

Days are numbered
On passing back by the Copse I saw a small bird flitting about in the upper branches. After a fair few minutes I located it motionless on a branch at the back. Chuffed to grab this pic...

Willow Warbler (H.79, P.102)
The bird was silent throughout. Some of the locals were showing well...

Male Reed Bunting

No comments: