Saturday 19 October 2024

Scilly 24 - Day 9

Slow start this morning after the Ladies Birthday celebration. After some late breakfast we spent 3 hours around the Garrison, a particular favourite area of ours...


It's not hard to see why!!!

I tried my best to find something interesting but it wasn't to be. I checked the Sports Field and Campsite...



Still can't FIND a YBW?

We moved down to Morning Point...


...then onto...


The light was perfect here but alas nothing was seen. Still, another beautiful spot. We completed the loop and ended up back"home" via the Co-op!

After a cuppa we spend the last hour on Porthcressa...


Thing is, it doesn't really matter. Sure I'd like to see great Birds every day but that just not going to happen. The main thing is I'm still HERE in the magic month and I've still got another SIX days. We're having a wonderful time walking the Islands and enjoying the stunning scenery. If you come just expecting MEGA Birds you can spend a LOT of time moping around miserable. Still, a few to go mind...saving a few for Retirement and all that. Also, they don't all turn up here, far from it.

I've hopefully shown plenty of the Islands, which might be of use to followers unfamiliar with them? A Storm blows through tomorrow, bringing some hope for new arrivals? Something always turns up here, it's just a matter of time and I'm hoping it's this week. If not...so be it.

The dream is to FIND something...a PARULA would do!!!?

Trip Total - 78 Species

No comments: