Sunday 14 February 2021

Unexpected Guests

Brutal SSE wind today which kept me inland with a walk down Snakey with the team. Nothing of note was seen...until we turned for home and a Woodcock flew low South across the field opposite the Cottage. I can't say I earned that one...but I'll take it!

A lunchtime peep at the feeders revealed 4 Long-tailed Tits. Hyper-active as always, they didn't hang around...

The late afternoon Tesco run involved a brief stop at the Sewage for the Budster. The wind was still fierce but a quick scan of the beach revealed my FOY Sanderling (P.65, H.64) working its solitary way along the tideline...


You just never know...and on that note...

Update at 4.30pm: Just settling down to watch the match when a Barn Owl (P.66, H.65) drifts past the lounge window...

A ghostly apparition...literally!

It also flushed another Woodcock. It was present for 40 minutes. Wonderful. Easy Birding!

No comments: