Saturday 6 February 2021

Pandemic movement

There shouldn't be any...as far as twitching is concerned!

(Very) briefly dipping into the "information super-highway" I see another MEGA has been seen and reported?

Inevitably a variety of opinions ranging from the responsible to the frankly outrageous. It's inevitable news will escape these days, sometimes understandably accidentally....sometimes not!

Irresponsible people (that's being VERY polite) will no doubt travel regardless because a tick is THE most important thing!? The reasons I've seen for justifying travel are pathetic. I've seen comments today which I won't give space here. NOTHING surprises me these days. I guess it boils down to your moral conscience. Thankfully, I have one.

The pandemic has made me take a long hard look at my Birding/Twitching. It HAS to be a pleasure, with no feelings of apprehension or restrictions, it's always been that way for me. If you've followed my ramblings for any length of time you'll know I'm as determined as the next man to see a new bird in Britain... but not under these conditions (123K deaths and counting). Yes, it's frustrating, very frustrating and the far more relaxed (and misguided) "rules" in, for example the UAE and USA adds to that frustration!!! It's not a question of being "holier than thou" or retriction of "civil liberties", it's all about strength of character. The people of substance are the ones...NOT travelling...

No comments: