Thursday 11 February 2021

Cold Weather Movements

After yesterday's SB sighting it made sense to have a change so we headed North this morning to the second Pill for our stretch...

More Icicles...

Nothing of note was seen bird-wise. When we returned to Seaside road Louise did the coffee run and I carried on South to Mill Hill...I wonder why?

Within 200 yds I saw the "friendly five" from yesterday some 30 yds from the path...


...but they soon flew off high West. Never mind, I needed more exercise so we carried on to Mill Hill. As I turned the view immediately improved dramatically, as the sun was now behind me. As I approached School lane, almost miraculously, "the five" were there again, in almost the same spot! 

I rattled a few more shots off and headed home for my coffee. You can't have too much Snow Bunting...






The perfect antidote to Lockdown...

Mid-afternoon found me doing my duty by heading to Tesco for provisions. My mate (Buddy that is) insisted on coming with me, as he told me he needs to relieve himself more than once a day!!! When I pulled up a Woodcock (P.63, H.62) exploded from the roadside ditch. An ovedue addition. As he was "doing his duty" I spotted a small flock of birds in the adjacent field...Lapwings...

Ironic after not recording this species last year in the Village? Always nice to see, especially locally. A beautiful bird...

I even got a fly past...

27 birds in total...they then departed South. 

Not bad in 5 minutes! Onto Tesco. A brief stop to see 3 Curlews on the cliff edge at the airfield at With (first time I've seen anything decent here!)...

...and that was that...

Maybe down to the weather?

No comments: