Friday 12 February 2021

Surprise sightings

Today I covered a few areas around the Village. Three Cormorants and a couple of Dunlins west down Snakey was notable. I then headed for the cliff, although I wasn't looking forward to it in a strengthening, icy easterly! As I passed the horse paddock I noticed some waders by a frozen pool (temporary scrape no less!). Initially two...

...soon became three...

After yesterdays Curlews, this was another "first" for me! I then started to walk towards Mill Hill and into the teeth of the wind...

I hadn't gone a hundred yards when I saw some movement. 2 Snow Buntings were busily feeding some 30 yards into the field, despite the brutal conditions. Oh, go on then, just one...


As I returned from Mill Hill I noticed a few small gulls wheeling South. To my surprise, they turned out to be Kittiwakes! (P.64, H.63), I saw three...


Amazed to "catch" anything considering the conditions and my numbing fingers. Modern cameras eh.

No comments: