Tuesday 23 February 2021

Local Pulse of Action

It doesn't happen often!

We had an hour down the cliff off Seaside around lunchtime. As I arrived it became apparent (even to me) that a decent number of RTD's were offshore, the pleasing thing was that some were pretty close...

Next a Cormorant heading powerfully South in striking plumage...

Sinensis "type"...no gular pouch angle analysis!

There were also a couple of Common Scoters (P.71, H.70) on the sea, my FOY. Then a strange occurence. I picked up a large Falcon below the cliff some 400 yards North. It was coming towards me at speed making large arcs before flying SW across the field...

Saker hybrid complete with jesses?

Obviously very long-winged with a stout head and bill. Quite plain with little barring, especially the tail. Great to see though...whatever it was! Someone's lost a Falcon? A nice visit to the Cliff!

Lockdown continues to cost me birds as Velvet Scoter and Slavonian Grebe (York Area Lifers) continue to be seen at Acaster Malbis and Bank Island respectively. 4 Smew ( including a drake) are also being seen at Thorganby. Knowing my luck, one will turn up at Duff!!

The NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD continues in Devon. There must be plenty besides moi who are extremely frustrated by the continuing travel ban, as surely no-one would travel to see it...would they?!!!


No comments: