Thursday 4 February 2021

FOY

Under the current circumstances (we'll take that as a given from now on) you have to take your pleasures where you can get them!!

First of Year sightings or behaviours are always something to look forward to. This morning I managed my first Gannet (P.61, H.60)...

It was distant!

Then my first of 8 Guillimots (P.62, H.61) whirring South. There were at least 10 Red-throated Divers offshore. I also saw my first Skylarks disputing territory. Richard heard his first singing Song Thrush (always special). We need all the stimulation we can get under...nearly said it again!

Our two winter resident Stonechats are still giving a lot of pleasure also...


They can be elusive but usually pop up somewhere around Old Hive Copse.

Bud disturbed one of the local residents, which quickly took evasive action...



No comments: