Friday 29 October 2021

Scilly 2021 - Day 15

For completeness I'm popping a few thoughts down from the phone whilst the good lady starts our journey North from Lands End.

Not too much marching this morning...or so I thought. We had a leisurely stroll up to 4 lane ends. Louise read while I had a look for RB Fly and Woodlark. I saw neither but no matter. There were also OBP, Rose-coloured Starling, YBW and Water Pipit all within a mile! Where else would that happen? Nowhere!

I also said my goodbyes to a few regulars, which was nice.

We decided to have a last Longstones and a Cream Tea...


Had to be done.

It was time to think about returning to the digs to wait for the taxi to the Airport. Of course...a late breaker.

A Sub-Alp sp had been seen at Telegraph. I mulled it over briefly before deciding to have a go. I had an hour. After some initial confusion on location I found the admiring group and fortunately after a short while I had the bird...


A nice bonus at the death. I wonder if they can turn it into that "funny one"? I made it back with 10 minutes to spare.

Trip Total   102 species

Distance covered.  110 miles

No comments: