Saturday 2 October 2021

Good Effort

Many "crews" now "in the field". I've more awareness these days due to my peeps at my Birdy Twitter feed! It just emphasises how many hours are invoved...searching...and hoping. Much trudging through Burns and Iris Beds...apparently. I must admit I didn't do much of that...probably why I didn't find much lol! It seems the weather is still an issue (surprise, surprise). At least I'm a lot more familiar with the place now.

Fair Isle is on fire at the moment with...

WHITE'S THRUSH

BAIKAL TEAL

DAURIAN SHRIKE

PECHORA PIPIT

Blyth's Reed Warbler

Woodchat Shrike

Golden Oriole

...all within the past week. I went to the wrong place! Not an easy place to get to though...or stay at, after the Observatory fire.

I've never been...yet?

It's all about timing in Birding...and luck of course...plus a little skill. Scilly tends to peak later, although anything can turn up anywhere, anytime. As said (many times before)...you pays yer money...

Hopefully all Birders will be rewarded for their efforts to a greater or lesser degree...including me!

No comments: