Sunday 13 September 2020

Waiting

Three hours hoping for an Osprey with no reward. Always good to balance things up with negative news on occasions. Not what the doctor ordered but there you go. A few birds were reported this morning with sightings at Flamboro' and Filey but "mine" didn't materialize.

I did manage a few Waders...

Sanderling 4
Dunlin 4
Knot

Swallows (c20) were moving South in small groups and there was a scattering of Meadow Pipits and a couple of Skylarks on the plough.

We're now approaching the "meaty" period of the Birding year when virtually anything can turn up. Whether it be locally or nationally the anticipation level is heightened considerably. My Scilly trip is pencilled in and I've got everything crossed that we can fulfil our visit to the "Fortunate Isles".

Locally I'm also hoping for one or two surprises although the Westerly air flow isn't helping at the moment. There's a promise of Easterlies later in the week.

A Franklin's Gull has turned up in West Yorkshire. I haven't been as I saw one many years ago. I've seen plenty of pics though!!!



No comments: