Thursday 10 September 2020

Magic Raptor

The morning was spent in Hull as Louise had an appointment at the hospital. I was tempted by the Cattle Egret which Duncan Bye had found on the "Low Grounds" near Wheldrake Ings yesterday evening. It was still present this morning but was flushed by a helicopter and not seen again! I've not given up on it yet...as it would be another York Area tick. I'm sure there'll be more to come and one at NDC would be handy.

On returning from Hull we took the lad a walk along the cliff. A distant Peregrine gliding South was a bonus. Late afternoon I parked up at "the Sewage" again for an hour. Med' Gulls are still present in good numbers (c20)...

This bird had a red ring on its left leg (ZAY3) and a metal one on its right. 

Then around 6 I got my Merlin (H.119) for the year, as a male powered South over the stubble.


No comments: