Sunday 6 September 2020

The Weekend

Yesterday morning I spent some time at the Sewage, watching...what came and went. 

Highlights:-

Siskin - (P.135, H.118) a few groups "in off".
Whimbrel S
Swift - feeding off the cliff
Mediterranean Gull 2 - resting on the beach


Sandwich Tern - 4 resting on the beach


Yellow Wagtail

..........................................................................................

Today started quietly with a walk along the Cliff with nothing noteworthy seen. Mid-morning news of a Black Redstart at Duff filtered through. A potential site tick! I contacted the finder Duncan Bye who informed me after the initial sighting the bird had disappeared. I also contacted Jono Leadley who said he'd stayed till 10.50 but hadn't connected. What to do?

I had to go...

I arrived around 2pm and set my stall out. Work had started on "the scrape"...


Still a bit to go...but it's a start. 

Around 3 the hide door opened and in walked my pal Vince. I hadn't seen him for a good while. We didn't see the BR but we had a good "catch up", so the journey was worth while after all...


No comments: