Wednesday 9 September 2020

Waders!

Firstly a couple of pics from my bedroom watch on Monday...

Blackcap male...

Lesser Whitethroat

I decided to try the Sewage at low tide yesterday afternoon. The action of the sea continually changes the landscape of the beach but at the moment it seems favourable...and so it turned out...with the following all on the deck.

Knot 20


Curlew and Whimbrel


Redshank
Oystercatcher
Lesser Black-backed Gull


More low tide visits will be in order. On returning home I was greeted with around 50 migrating Swallows on the wires opposite the Cottage. Nice!...



This morning I worked my way North to the Llama Farm. A couple of Wheatears by the first pill box was a good start. There were also a good number of Meadow Pipits on the plough. A message off Richard (who was walking South to Old Hive) informed me that he'd had some Golden Plovers. I'd heard some but couldn't get "on" them. However, as I reached the Farm I had 10 birds which may have just arrived? Birds recorded over the sea were 10 Teal and lone Ringed Plover North.

No comments: