Wednesday 2 September 2020

Tottin' 'em up

Nice walk North with my lad on a superb September morn'. A mixture of birds seen today in various habitats taking my month total to 44. Highlights were a couple of Knot which lingered by the Sewage before flying South...


 
Nicely illustrates the pale rump


The bottom two photos are not for the purist BUT as I'm no photographer, who cares, there they are...I like them. Super digital zoom apparently (by error of course). Still, can be useful for ID.

Month additions

Shelduck 7S
Common Scoter 40N
Teal 10S
Sanderling 10S
Dunlin 3S
Med Gull 2
Swift
Yellow Wagtail S
Whitethroat 2
Greenfinch
Linnet

The best part about the day was my more patient attitude to watching the sea/beach...which paid dividends. More time obviously helps. I must have missed all sorts in the past!!!

No comments: