Wednesday 16 September 2020

COVID Birding

Well...the inevitable has happened...

09.58 YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER still Tiree at Balephuil in garden though elusive (police enforcement of COVID 19 regulations at Ferry terminal)

I won't be going. To each their own but in the present climate I can't personally justify the journey. Let's just say I have my reasons. Still keen though...

.......................................................................................

Back to local stuff. Put some miles in yesterday (7.2 according to my pedometer). Just pleased I could do it! Covered many areas of the Village amassing a shaky 40 species. Really enjoyed it on a fabulous Autumnal day...more like summer to be honest!

As you are aware all sightings are in context...if you get my drift. A nice start at Old Hive where a Stonechat was waiting for me...



Groups of Shelduck were heading South with one flock landing on the sea...


At the Sewage a fall of Robins was noticed with at least 10 in view at once. I also picked up a Med' Gull, Kittiwake and 2 Yellow Wagtails. A RTD flew South.

Late morning the Runnel gave up my 4th Whinchat of the year...


Early afternoon at Out Newton more Wildfowl were noted on the sea including 42 Shelduck,14 Shoveler...


50 Teal, 41 Common Scoter. An unusual but welcome sight here in idyllic conditions. 2 Grey Patridges flushed by Bud at Old Hive copse finished off the days proceedings.

....................................................................................

An embarrassingly late addition to the year list this morning when 4 Wigeon (H.120) flew North close in (so I could recognise them).

No comments: