Tuesday 14 July 2020

LAMMERGEIER - Reflections

Just about recovered...I think!

It's impossible to avoid social media these days, although as you know, I do try to limit my involvement. It does have some uses? For every opinion there's a counter position. Modern terminology passes me by...thankfully.

I won't harp on but here's an example of how differently people see things (hope you've picked up my understated irony here..and elsewhere come to that).

I refer to my "walk". Hopefully I've graphically illustarted how difficult I found it. Some however, found it "no problem". I'm a wimp! Granted I'm knocking on these days and I've had the odd mechanical alteration but I still consider the walk to the roost site...a challenge. Also my fitness levels are (definitely) not what they once were! However, I do know what effort feels like...or at least I can remember it...having been "in sport" most of my life. There you go...there's some right wags out there!?

My other point is regarding the "worth" of the occurence. Again, opinion. Some "not bothering" because it's Category E. Fine. However, in my opinion they're missing out on a spectacular bird and a special occasion.Many have voted with their feet!

Back to the bird...

Still present and roaming the area as I write, giving great pleasure to many people. What an occasion it is. I may be tempted back if it lingers BUT I won't be visiting the roost site...unsurprisingly!!

Theories still abound about its provenance but hey...lets just enjoy its presence, eh?


I hate negativity and I really hope there's not a tragic end to this tale...

No comments: