Saturday 4 July 2020

BBA - Reflections

Obviously still Buzzin'!!!

A follower pointed out I'd missed out of my review another dip in Cornwall! I guess I tried to erase it from my memory. Thanks anyway.

As I write there have been no further sightings of the bird after I left just before lunchtime yesterday. Very surprised and disappointed for birders who have yet to connect...

My last view

Love the wingspan comparison.

I have to say you would have thought it would have shown today by now? You just never know in this game. Wouldn't it be great if it found a spot to settle for the summer.

Something I rarely do is add something retrospectively. However, this was one of the rare occasions when a naked eye view was undoubtedly...THE best!!!

This record goes straight to No 3 in my "Rush Birds" list. Pop pickers!

As well as being a spectacular bird, the site is also spectacular and it would have been sacrilege not to appreciate this fact. So lucky to have this site just "up the road". I've seen the Gannet numbers increase steadily over the years and you can now view them right by the coastal footpath...

Beautiful bird

...an alternative view...


...and an immature...


Always nice to get a decent view of a Puffin...


...and of course my favourite Auk, the super sleek Razorbill...


Always a privilege...

No comments: