Friday 24 July 2020

Pacing myself

A late cruise down Snakey yesterday paid off when I found "Richard's" Golden Plover flock tucked away in a field near Trinity Farm...



44 in total

I also had distant views of a Med' Gull.


This morning started with a visit from our resident Wood Pigeon (almost a pet now)...


It's totally unconcerned by our presence and will spend significant amounts of time around or in the Bird Bath!

After breakfast I took Bud a walk along Skeffling Bank. It was high tide.Very few waders present although I did count 24 Whimbrel which was noteworthy...as was c500 Shelduck. My main quarry was Reed Warbler...yes Reed Warbler! I like to spread my Year ticks out! A combination of "Lockdown" and "something to go for" saw me scanning the Reeds from the bank...a bit of fun. I could hear them...still singing fortunately but "seeing" is a different matter. Eventually one gave itself away...



P.123

Maybe a Holmpton record one day?


No comments: