Thursday 15 March 2018

Cyprus 18 - Day 7

A quick one tonight after yesterday's excitement!!!

Started back at Mandria. Curious to see if the star attraction remained. I couldn't find it in a half hour scan. A couple of other birders who I didn't recognize were covering the area as well. Nobody looked excited!

I then tried for the lingering Bluethroat in the picnic area. I tried hard but it didn't show.

It was now 9 and I was about to head back. I gave it the old..."last look"... unbelievably it was THERE not 5 yards from the car!!!!!

A few birders in cars were some 30 yds behind me. I turned the car around, drove to them and told them the good news.

3 Tawny Pipits together were very nice indeed.

Late morning we headed for Nata Ford. Matt Smith had kindly informed me that a pair of Red-rumped Swallows were already nest building here.

They only showed by the river to collect mud on three occasions but it was worth the trip. Thanks Matt.

Late afternoon saw us around Agia Vavara. Nothing significant seen including the hoped for Great Spotted Cuckoo

I'll stick a few pics on tomorrow as we've been out to the pub! This is a holiday after all...

Birds added
Tree Pipit
Snipe
Green Sandpiper

Trip Total 81





No comments: