Friday 9 March 2018

Cyprus 18 - Day 1

No major logistical hiccups...thankfully!

Fabulous views of the Alps...


We decided to get a taxi from the airport and miss the late-in-the-day paperwork hassle of the Car Hire! The apartment is fine...and cheap. Louise sorted out a place to eat nearby, which turned out to be excellent, they even had the Arsenal game on! International Women's Day meant big points scored early doors...


A late start, then a 30 minute walk to the Mall. I know, I know! We needed some breakfast/lunch and I had to sort my Cyprus SIM out (my RBA). I'd managed to make a few contacts last year and we swapped information on sightings, on occasions. Next it was another 20 minute walk to catch the bus to the airport (3 Euros) as we had to collect the car. All this left only a couple of hours left for Birding. No matter.

I decided to have a ride up to Agia Varvara. Last year I'd seen 3 fine Great Spotted Cuckoos there early in my trip. No sign late afternoon. I then had a brief drive around Anarita Park just to the North. Very quiet again...and very green! Corn Buntings singing everywhere...


Today
Quail (H)
Black Francolin (H)
Cormorant
Kestrel
Collared Dove
Swallow
White Wagtail
Stonechat











Chiffchaff
Great Tit
Magpie
Hooded Crow
House Sparrow
Greenfinch
Goldfinch
Linnet
Corn Bunting

Trip list 17

Early start tomorrow at Paphos lighthouse. That should liven things up. Also, I wonder where one of these might turn up?!!!...

Great Black-headed Gull seen at Mandria recently

No comments: