Sunday 11 March 2018

Cyprus 18 - Day 3

My first jaunt to the legendary Paphos Headland...6 till 9...

At 6...


Later...



The first sighting of note in the half-light was unusual to say the least!


Escape potential high I feel...

Ring-necked Parakeet
I spent a wonderful 3 hours just coming across various species as I went, with not a soul in sight...until the last few minutes when I bumped into resident birder Andy Waller.

Highlights

Ring-necked Parakeet!?
Quail - c6 heard
Red-throated Pipit c30


Woodlark


Ruppell's Warbler
Sub-Alpine Warbler


Blue Rock Thrush

I also got my closest view of a singing Crested Lark...


...and nice views of a female Sardinian Warbler...


We didn't go far today. I checked out last years Hotel grounds (Louis Phaethon) and found an Isabelline Wheatear and a Spanish Sparrow colony. A cheat really, as I came across it last year!


Then it was Tim Beach again where I dug out a couple more Ruppell's Warblers...


We finished off at Anarita Park. Again, super green this Spring. Well, maybe not so much this area...but it did produce male and female FINSCH'S WHEATEARS...



Phone pic

Male wouldn't play but the female came slightly closer...


A Peregrine and a Little Owl were also seen...


Trip Total 48

No comments: