Friday 13 May 2022

Texas 22 - Second Half (2)

A brief wrap up of days already covered before I complete my Trip Report for posterity! I'm adding a few different pics (with the odd repeat) now I've had time to edit them properly. Hope you enjoy them.

Onto Saturday April 23rd..there's some sync problems with time differences etc (me) but I was definitely on Settegast Road this morning! The reason being...Bobolink. My 2019 story is here. No luck or reports today but I did have a rather nice encounter with a pair of Scissor-tailed Flycatchers...


At the risk of getting boring (would I?) yet another stunning species with bundles of character...


The rest of the day is best explained here. Suffice to say I was quite pleased to find 2 Cape May Warblers!!!

Sunday April 24th (click for detail)

I spent a loooong morning down the East end of the Island trying to avoid the Sunday masses...which I did. Some superb wader watching was to be had with birds at close quarters...

Dunlin...


Willet...


Plenty of Terns...


Forster's

Egrets...including the majestic wp Reddish...


Tricoloured Heron...


Yellow-crowned Night Heron...


So this brings me up to my "semi-postponement". I'll try my best to freshen up the remainder of my visit starting tomorrow. Stay tuned...

No comments: