Monday 6 September 2021

Timing

As I've said (probably too) many times you've got to be out there...looking. I try. Sometimes though an incidental stroll (if there is such a thing for a Birder) can turn up trumps. This afternoon was such an occasion. After a good look North this morning, the highlight being a brief flash of red in a hedge (possible Redstart/probable Robin) I persuaded the boss to have a stroll down to the Cliff as the weather was conducive. The full "family" ended up on the Cliff edge as our Siamese appeared from nowhere to accompany us!


I fortunately remembered my "always take your camera" mantra...and it paid off when remarkably a Pomerine Skua flew purposefully North in the 5 minutes we were there!!


It was interesting to observe the powerful direct flight of the bird. To be honest, it was just amazing that it was there at all!! Definitely a quality sighting.

No comments: