Friday 3 September 2021

A Sign of Autumn

Two more sessions watching the sea...and that's what I watched! Disappointing but not surprising; it makes every sighting special...that's what I have to tell myself..and they are MY sightings...of course.

So this morning I did the Cliff Paddock and Pill Boxes...scanning the sea of course for Sabine's and Little Gulls! The wind had dropped and veered to the East a tad but the sky was still a dirty grey. A quick dip for Bud to ease his skin and then a brisk return to try and drop a pound or two...Shetland training!!

As I reached the first pill, a small blob on top raised hopes...

Wheatear - an early impression

My second earliest record after last year's first on the 2nd!? If you get my drift. A second stroll mid-afternoon (Tea at the Cricket) revealed two birds...here's one...

Looks well in the stubble I feel

Plenty of day time hoots from our resident Tawny Owls at the moment.

I feel a trip to Norfolk might be on the cards?

No comments: