Saturday 25 September 2021

Shetland - Day 8

*Having to do this one on the phone. Full write up on return*

Up, packed and off for 7. Heading North for the Ferry to Unst...


As I was waiting I checked my messages...as you do...

MEGA Shetland ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK Unst at Norwick at Valyie

Handy...maybe? We left at 8.

As ready stated I intended to explore Yell and Unst anyway but this news definitely put a new initial focus on the day! After checking and double-checking Inter-island
Ferry times for my return journey I arrived on Unst and headed for the far North-East of the Island.

On arrival at the site I could see THREE Birders? I sorted my gear out and joined them. They said a chap had just left having seen the bird so we searched the area.

After around 20 minutes we found it. It showed brilliantly on a couple of occasions before flying off...


*Wi-fi issues on the Ferry, so that's it for now*...


No comments: