Thursday 31 December 2020

2020 Summary

As you know, I'm not a fan of routine. I had enough of that when I was working! However, as the year draws to an end, I've decided to do a summary. I'm a glutten for punishment! Anyway, for the record here are my totals...

Britain
Starting Nationally and positively, I added FOUR birds...bringing my British List to 526...(click link for the full story)...

STELLER'S EIDER - Two visits to the wonderful Papa Westray culminating in a re-find at the eleventh hour!
BLACK-BROWED ALBATROSS - My dream moment. To finally connect with this species and the manner of its arrival will NEVER beaten for me...

Dream come true!

TAIGA FLYCATCHER - included below
RUFOUS- TAILED SCRUB ROBIN - A fortunate but very welcome addition pre-Scilly. One of those species that was loooong overdue.

Plus an ironic 2nd for Britain on Scilly which many BIG Listers missed out on. That's twitchin'! 
INDIGO BUNTING 

Less positively, I'll quickly mention and move on from my COVID 19 dip trio...still in therapy BUT no regrets. The correct decision was made...and the situation is ongoing...some things are far more important than seeing a bird!!! To some at least?!

YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER
TENNESSEE WARBLER
SIBERIAN THRUSH

Yorkshire
BBA - already covered but in no way diminished!!! Taking me to 393. Obviously a day I'll NEVER forget!!!!!!!

Spurn
Three ticks were added bringing me to 312...

Cattle Egret
Roller
Iceland Gull

The Spurn Year List isn't a big deal...just...what it is!

Holmpton
I managed 8 additions to my List bringing me to 181...

Scaup
Goosander
Shore Lark
Black Redstart
Jay
Sedge Warbler
Reed Warbler
Rock Pipit

Reviewing the year in the Village, I've finished on 137 which is my best...by 1! Surprising ommisions were Eider, Red-breasted Merganser, Lapwing, Little Egret, Spotted Flycatcher, Garden Warbler, Grey Wagtail, Brambling, Redpoll.

York Area
I dug out my sightings and discovered after adding the three below I've seen 214...

Lesser Yellowlegs
Kittiwake
Franklin's Gull

The Gull was obviously a special moment and a VERY good decision.

North Duffield Carrs
No additions...unfortunately! So my total remains at 157

Hopefully we can rid ourselves of this damn Virus soon and get back to somethng like "normal". I still have (some) hopes for Texas 21!?

No comments: