Thursday 17 December 2020

Winter Sun

A stretch up at Out Newton this morning in the sunshine produced nothing of note. However, as I was leaving there were 5 Grey Partridges on the road...


I then headed for the Humber. 22 Whooper Swans are still present...

A lovely walk along the floodbank produced a distant female Hen Harrier...

male Marsh Harrier...

and 4 Short-eared Owls



That livened the constitutional up!

For the record...The FRANKLIN'S GULL was my 215th species for the York Area and my second for Yorkshire having seen the Scorton Tip bird way back on the 15th of November 1989. There you go Tim!

2 comments:

Tim Dixon said...

215, that sounds quite good. I'll have to add mine up now, but in my defence, I've not been back for a long while. In fact the last time I was there I don't think G W Egret was even on the Yorkshire list let alone the YOC list! Times change!

Alan Whitehead said...

Absolutely. I got excited about seeing one at NDC then the guy next to me told me they'd been in the LDV for ages!