Wednesday 13 May 2020

Wind of change

I guess you could say that the recent winds have been less than favourable for migration, here on the NE coast! Constant buffeting by the northerlies can be dis-heartening, especially with the lack of cover around the Village.

Still plenty of time for things to pick up...a Cuckoo and/or a Swift would be a good start!!

The only time I've been in my car is to Tesco and the Post Office, so the fact that the official line is now "local journeys are now permitted for exercise" means I can consider visiting other (remote) areas of the Patch...infrequently. Some variety at last. I'm happy birding the Village but you can have too much of a good thing!

A decent bird, that is in the public domain, namely a BROWN SHRIKE turned up at Bridlington yesterday (still present today). Various opinions on-line (surprise,surprise) regarding the releasing of news. For me...it's keep yer head down and mind yer own business. I always keep myself to myself...

No comments: