Saturday 16 May 2020

Let 'em come to you?

I say that after hoping to come across a Cuckoo (P.115, H.97). Of course, I hear one from the garden bench!

A late afternoon stroll North produced the unlikely sight of a Common Sandpiper on the cliff top grass...


A lone Dunlin shooting South brought my Village year to 98. We now have three Sand Martin colonies confirmed...which is great news.

Ebird building continues. Great memories adding my significant British sightings at the moment. It's interesting (at least to me) how some species have become scarcer and others far more common (inevitably, in fewer numbers). An example being Golden Eagle. I saw the last breeding English pair (sadly) at Haweswater in 1991 and then a remarkable record for Yorkshire at Gouthwaite in 1992. Happy days!

No comments: