Thursday 7 May 2020

Decent Morning

A few notable sightings this morning on our walk South to Cliff Farm, so I thought I'd share them with you.

Things started well with a couple of Yellow Wagtails in the paddock...




Even at 7.18am they looked like they'd been plugged into the mains!

As I approached Old Hive it was obvious that the Sand Martin colony had increased in numbers...significantly. 120 was a conservative estimate...great news! I've also discovered a small colony near the Sewage. Definitely more about this year.

As I reached the Copse I could hear a Willow Warbler singing.Unusual for these here parts. I also had a Chiffchaff...that wasn't singing! A couple of Whitehtroats and a Lesser completed the action. As I started to walk up to the Farm I could see a copuple of Wheatears on the path. Unfortunately they were "into the sun" but I managed an image of one...


Further up we (inadvertently) flushed a pair of Grey Partridges. Another fine male Wheatear greeted us at the Farm...



On our return...


...I spotted yet another Wheatear, this time below the path on the cliff...Nice to get a different perspective...


Early afternoon I sneaked a Bullfinch for the Garden Lockdown List, taking me to 53.

Still no Swift...


No comments: