Friday 8 May 2020

An even better morning!

Acting on Richard's message that he'd heard a Cuckoo first thing, I made my way to the SW corner of the Village for my walk. It was the best day so far and there was definitely a hint of Summer...at least for today!

I didn't have any luck regarding the Cuckoo but I enjoyed the local Yellowhammers...


Another species we are fortunate to have in good numbers locally and shouldn't be/aren't taken for granted.

As I was over this section I decided to take a stroll along Rysome Lane by the underground Bunker...

An appropriate day
I've not walked along here since "lockdown" began. As I passed the area and started to ascend the road to the crest, I spotted a medium sized bird with a distinctive flight...and a WHITE-RUMP!!! No, bigger than a Wheatear...


My first Jay for the Village and self-found to boot. After missing "Richard's bird" this was doubly sweet. I love the nuances of Birding. The fact that I was in an unusual area and scored with a top find. This was my 177th species for the Village. It was only in view for a few seconds and I couldn't re-locate it.

You can actually scope the Humber from the crest. Now that's optimism for you!

No comments: