Friday 26 March 2021

The Bridesmaid again!

Today started well with a Chiffchaff (P.78, H.77) singing on Seaside Road by The Hall. A few blasts then silence, I didn't hear it again? I then found a flock of 15 Jackdaws by the pub. Notable.

A true Canada Goose (P.79, H.78)...we have a few Heinz 57's, flew inland across Mill Hill for a year tick. No luck with Sand Martin or Wheatear still. Finally evidence of Lesser Black-backed Gull (P.80, H.79) passage was noted with 6 birds seen.

As I walked North I received a message from Richard, he'd found a Wheatear just South of the Llama Farm. I really must look harder! I managed to re-locate it (P.81, H.80) and get a few pics, although it was always distant and I was looking into the sun...




There were also 13 Golden Plover and a Ringed Plover in the plough. A Sparrowhawk also glided across.

The day had a wonderful finish as I watched a Barn Owl from my armchair for around 30 minutes. Very fortunate...


Plenty of Ospreys moving through...now that would be nice tomorrow?

No comments: