Tuesday 16 March 2021

Garden "First"

Surprise visitor to the garden this morning. I had to give the old eyes a rub, as I thought I had "something" in the back of the tree that didn't look "right" for Wood Pigeon. Fortunately (and surprisingly) I reacted quick enough to grab the camera and get a few pics before it shot off...


Male Sparrowhawk

I've had a few fly-overs but this was the first record of a bird IN the garden (it's not very big). A stroll around the Village produced little of note except for a party of 4 Long-tailed Tits which are always delightful, despite the gloom and wind...



Not easy to photograph as they are constantly on the move, so I was pleased to get something. The hoped for Chiffchaff didn't materialise nor did the Wheatear along the coastal path. Maybe tomorrow?


No comments: