Saturday 27 March 2021

Black and White

As I was heading for the second pill box this morning I received a text off Gavin (thanks pal) informing me he'd seen a Barnacle Goose just South of the Village. When I arrived there was no sign of the bird. I then received a call off Richard; he'd found it in the field by the pub!

Dapper (P.82, H.81)

This was only my second record for the Village following one flying South on 3/12/19. A quick check of "the Sewage" revealed a Curlew South and 6 Pied Wagtails including this beauty...


Despite much scanning during my walking I couldn't find any migrants. Plenty of Red Kites and Ospreys reported but none here. I did have a late result just before lunch when a Merlin (P.83, H.82) arrowed low South across the fields at Old Hive.

Clocks forward tonight and the last day of Lockdown. Now that IS positive!!!

No comments: