Monday 24 August 2020

Wish List

I received a text of Tim Isherwood who lives "up the road" at Grimston. He saw that I'd reached 180 for the Village and asked how many "daft" ones I still "needed". A good question!

Again "daft" is a question of context. Certain habitats are sadly lacking here, which obviously limits opportunities for certain species. A nice scrape would go down a treat!!! More sea watching would also help matters.

Anyway below is my "daft and most likely" list, in no particular order...

Pochard
Velvet Scoter
Long-tailed Duck
Little Grebe
Greenshank
Green Sandpiper
Red-breasted Merganser
Coot
Crane
LRP
Glaucous Gull
Black Tern
Kingfisher
Wryneck
Tree Pipit
Rock Pipit
Grasshopper Warbler
Barred Warbler
Pallas's Warbler
Red-breasted Flycatcher
Red-backed Shrike
Great Grey Shrike
Hooded Crow
Mealy Redpoll
Common Rosefinch

As always there will hopefully be a few surprises and not everyone will agree with my selections. There you go! I tried to balance the common with the rare, related to location. Tim has seen 260 over 30+ years. 200 for me would be a nice milestone by year 10, I've been here 8.


No comments: