Thursday 11 June 2020

The Wind of Change

Following on from my change of status I've decided to change the look of my Blog (you may have noticed!)

I've always been a "less is more" sort of chap and I wanted a more simplyfied (like me) look. Hope you approve? While I'm at it I'd just like to thank all visitors to this site whether long-standing or recent. My three figure daily stats keep me plodding on! I am eternally grateful...and flattered.

...........................................................................................

I made a quick visit down the road yesterday evening to take out some "insurance" regarding a problematical phyllosc. The Green/Greenish/Two-barred...Greener? Warbler complex can cause headaches, even amongst "the experts". I joined a VERY small group of locals (not too close, you understand) and eventually enjoyed clear, if brief views of the said bird. It struck me as pale and brown rather than rich and green. It didn't appear to be a particularly well marked individual. Granted the light was poor and the bird was wet. Another "in depth" analysis...lol!

Odds on the same bird was trapped this morning at Kew and confirmed as a Greenish Warbler. I wonder if any DNA was taken? I never give up...

4 comments:

Tim Dixon said...

Aargh, no, I can't bloody read it.

Alan Whitehead said...

I thought it looked OK Tim. Just double tap and spread!

isaacely said...

Hi, i'm afraid that I cant read this easily since you changed the font. I am reading on a laptop, not sure about the phone. Keep up the good info otherwise, hope the retirements going ok. Not that I am jealous!

Alan Whitehead said...

Hi,Appreciate the input and the support. Time to re-think!